Elder Brown in Montauban

Elder Brown in Montauban

Monday, February 20, 2012

Le Soleil nos envoie le printemps

Bonjour à tous!!!

Kendra, Mom, and Drew, it's great to hear from you! As for the rest of you, I have no doubt that it would have been great to hear from you. Happy Valentines day!

Drew, congratulations on getting into BYU! I'm trying to think of suggestions for you, but I don't really have any...oh, yes I do...no, nevermind. Maybe I'll remember something later.

Kendra, I would love living somewhere near to those fellas, provided that they've repented of their nocturnal lifestyles (Hopefully their missions will have taught them to rise early and to retire early)!

Mom, I love you! I love reading your missionary stories.

By the way, have Auston and Craig recieved the packages I sent them?

We've had a tough week here in Agen. I got the flu on tuesday and put in a good 24 hours of bed rest. I'm way better now! We're working really hard, but let's just say that the fruits are taking a while to appear! But we're sure happy out here! Missionary work is a blast. As for our amis: We haven't been able to teach Louis and Angela this week. Hopefully we'll get to teach Monsieur Noël tomorrow. We haven't seen Quentin, but I had a long phone conversation with him. Other than that, we're kinda back down to zero.

I've had some fun things happen to me this week! Last monday I got an email from Caroline and Matthieu. It had been one year since Caroline's baptism, and it felt so good to read their testimonies. They're about to start the class for preparing to be married in the Temple! We definitely need to include them on our list of people to see. This friday, I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I answered, and a voice said, "Est-ce bien le portable d'Elder Brown?" (she pronounced "Brown" like the americans do) I answered that it was indeed my phone, and the voice said "Bonjour Elder Brown, c'est Anne-Marie Pichard à l'appareil!" I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't speak! I said "Qu--comment--c'est--uhh...--comment vous avez fait pour avoir mon numéro?!" Apparently the missionaries in Montpellier had given her my number! She told me they had recieved my postcard, and then she passed the phone to Pierre! We didn't talk long, but I when I got off the phone and said "what just happened?!" What a blast to the past!

Yesterday we found Lisiade, a cool new ami!

I love you all! Being a missionary is the best! Our message is TRUE!

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment